For American & International Graduate students
NEW! If you are a graduate student and in GCF, please seek to join the Illinois GCF Facebook group!
- March 11, 5:30 pm at TCBC – This will be on the topic from the Winter Retreat: having deeper discussions. Ian Tuttle, Joe Chapman and Steve Tillman will present and we will have opportunity to practice. These skills will be helpful as we anticipate the coming of Josh Swamidass in April (see below).
- April 1, 5:30 pm at TCBC – Dr. Ned O’Gorman, U of Illinois Associate Professor in the Department of Communication and in the Center for Global Studies. Tentative title, “The Mark of the Beast: The Crucial Need for Wisdom and Discernment.”
- Tuesday, April 11 at 7 pm, TCBC Sanctuary. Dr. Josh Swamidass, MD, PhD will address the issues related to the book Adam and the Genome: Reading Scripture After Genomic Science by Dennis Venema and Scot McKnight. This lecture is open to the community.
- VERITAS FORUM! Wednesday, April 12 at 7 pm in the Lincoln Hall Theatre on the Quad. Dr. Josh Swamidass, MD, PhD will speak on “Can a Scientist Believe in Resurrection?” Can someone with a scientific mind believe in resurrection? Please use this as a great opportunity to begin now praying about whom you can invite. We would like this VF talk to be primarily for the Campus community (students, faculty and staff). You may visit his faculty page here. Visit the Veritas Forum page announcing our Forum.
- SMALL GROUP BIBLE STUDIES continue. If you’ve not yet signed up (either at the Welcome Dinner or online) please do so.
- Monday prayer meeting that meets most Mondays 5:15 to 6 pm in the worship space at St. Andrew’s on the corner of Wright and Chalmers Streets in Champaign. Just come into the building and cross through the lounge area and to into the worship space to join us for prayer.
- Especially if you are new to the U of Illinois or new to GCF, thank you for looking for us or stumbling upon our site. If you are a graduate student – American or International – at the University of Illinois and you’re interested in joining Christian graduate students as we seek to follow the Lord Jesus Christ, then please let us know who you are! Please contact us here.
We are affiliated with InterVarsity Christian Fellowship/USA and in particular part of InterVarsity’s ministry to graduate students and faculty members. GCF seeks to be a community of graduate students that embodies, believes and shares generously the good news that Jesus Christ is Lord.
Whether you’re an American or International graduate student, single or married, follower of Jesus or still spiritually searching, whatever your academic discipline, ethnicity or culture, GCF warmly welcomes you.
If you are an International student who is at the U of I to earn your PhD or your masters degree, then please contact us about getting involved in GCF. We love and want International graduate students as part of the life of our graduate fellowship.