About twice a month in fall and spring semesters GCF hosts Saturday dinner-discussions to cover more specifically what it means to follow Jesus in our various academic disciplines and more broadly in our culture and society at large. These meet in the lower level of Twin City Bible Church (TCBC) (corner of Lincoln and Michigan Avenues in Urbana) from 5:30 to about 7:30 pm. Occasionally we need to meet in an alternate location. The format is simple. We arrive by 5:30 and share a potluck dinner together. We then engage with a speaker or in discuss together over a crucial topic for us as Christians today. Hang around after with others or gather some students to go elsewhere to continue the evening together.
Schedule for the Saturday Dinner Discussions Fall 2017 (5:30 pm) in the Lower Level of Twin City Bible Church (corner of Lincoln and Michigan Avenues in Urbana)
- September 2 – Welcome Back dinner – 6 pm at Centennial House ( (NOT at TCBC).
- September 9 – What following Jesus at the University looks like
- September 23 – Healthy Christian Witness in our Various University Settings
- October 7 – The Practice of Spiritual Formation in the Real World
- October 21 – What Putting Christian Faith and Scholarship Can Look Like
- November 4 – TBA
- December 2 – Our Christmas Dinner and Message. Invite friends and colleagues.